How Twitter Changed My Life
Yes, I was one of those people dragging my feet about Twitter. Twitter was one of those things I knew I should do, but didn’t want to do at all. It just seemed like a huge time suck.
Last year things changed. After going to the Pacific Northwest Writer’s Conference all I heard was “Are you on Twitter?,” “Do you have a Twitter account?” and “You need to be on Twitter.” Now I knew for sure there was no pushing it aside. I had to sign up and boy I’m glad I did.
Twitter and the Writing Life
Twitter in many ways has changed my life as a writer. I’ve met so many great people, read so many great tweets, posts, stories and advice. Instead of searching the web for hours you can find it all right there on Twitter. Sometimes all it takes is a simple hatchtag to find what you need.
Now that I am a die-hard Twitter fan I advocate for it whenever I get the chance, especially with other writers. Twitter is great because it’s a one stop shop. At some point in the conversation I slip in “Are you on Twitter?” or “Do you have a Twitter account” or “You need to get on Twitter.”
Three Cheers for Twitter!
Hindsight is always 20/20, but if I had to do it all over again, from the very first moment I became serious about writing, I wouldn’t resist joining the Twitterverse.
How has Twitter changed your life ?
- My re-tweets surprise me (word2live.wordpress.com)
- #AmWriting ~ Why? (plotmamas.wordpress.com)
- The obligatory Twitter post (t3newsproject.wordpress.com)
- Getting Things Done on Twitter | Internet Business Plan – IvanWalsh.com (ivanwalsh.com)
- Most useful hashtag when writing (elleonthego.wordpress.com)
- Twitter Tool or Gimmick? (terrywhalin.blogspot.com)
- AmWriting Links (tangledwords.wordpress.com)